Super Air Wipe
Blowoff, Dry, Clean and Cool Pipe, Cable, Extruded shapes, Hose and Wire!
Super Air Wipe - engineered for blowoff, cooling and drying of pipe, tubing, cable, and extrusions. Split design eliminates threading for production changeout.
- Creates a complete 360° laminar blowoff
- There is no contact with product - no wiper blade
- Available in aluminum and stainless steel for hygienic and high temperatures applications
- All models come with stainless steel screws and shims
- Complies with OSHA noise and pressure standards
What is The Super Air Wipe?
EXAIR's Super Air Wipe provides a uniform 360° airstream that is ideal for blowoff, drying, cleaning and cooling of pipe, cable, extruded shapes, hose, wire and more. The split design offers easy clamping around the surface of the material moving through it, eliminating the need for threading. Available from stock in diameters from 3/8" to 11" and made from aluminum or type 303 stainless steel.
All models include stainless steel hardware and shims. Stainless steel wire braided hose is also included on sizes up to 4" (102mm) for added corrosion and heat resistance. Aluminum models are rated for temperatures up to 400ºF (204ºC) and stainless steel models for temperatures up to 800ºF (427ºC). Custom sizes and materials are available.
- Drying after washing, cleaning, plating or coating
- Blowoff dust and contaminants
- Cool hot extruded shapes
- Uniformly wipe surfaces
- Dry extruded profiles, rod and medical tubing
- Eliminate solution carryover - no cross contamination
- Blow excess water from automotive door gaskets
- Remove excess coatings, water and oil
- Dry tube, hose, wire, fiber optics
- Minimize solution loss due to drag-out
- Clean paint gun tips
- Dry screen printed or ink jetted surfaces
- Clean strips and ribbon
How the Super Air Wipe Works?
Compressed air flows through an inlet (1) of the Air Wipe into an annular chamber (2). It is then throttled through a small ring nozzle (3) at high velocity. This primary airstream adheres to the Coanda profile (4), which directs it down the angled surface of the Air Wipe. A low pressure area is created at the center (5) inducing a high volume flow of surrounding air into the primary airstream. As the airflow leaves the Air Wipe, it creates a conical 360° ring of air that attaches itself to the surface of the material running through it (6), uniformly wiping the entire surface with the high velocity airflow.
Here are some sample of applications:
The Super Air Wipe eliminate the possibility of smoke during machining by wipping hydraulic oil from the bar stock as it enters the chuck.
The flanged end of an axle is lifted through a Super Air Wipe to blow off chips after machining
EXAIR 1/2" Super Air Wipe dries a wire as it exits a cooling bath
The Stainless Steel Super Air Wipe is ideal for food and pharmaceutical applications.
If you need more info, please Contact Us