Standard Air Knife
It is a good choice when a less expensive alternative is required.
In industrial applications, air knives offer an efficient way to clean, dry or cool parts, webs or conveyors as well as acting as an environmental separator or air curtain. EXAIR's Air Knives is the most efficient compressed air knife on the market!.
It is engineered to dramatically reduce compressed air usage while entraining ambient air at a ratio of 30:1, compared to 3:1 for drilled or slotted pipe. Noise levels are greatly reduced when compared to other blowoffs. Available from stock 3" to 48" long and made from aluminum or 303 stainless steel to meet your application needs. Custom sizes and materials available.
- Has an airflow that is also uniform and forceful.
- It is louder and uses more compressed air than the Super Air Knife.
- Compressed air inlets are provided on each end.
- Overall length is 1" (25mm) longer than the airflow length.
The Standard Air Knife is EXAIR's original Air Knife design. It uses a Coanda profile which turns the airflow 90 degrees from its outlet. This creates a low pressure area capable of entraining ambient air at a ratio of 30:1 while producing a powerful airflow.
- Up to 10 dBA noise reduction
- Reduced air consumption
- 30:1 air amplification
- Aluminum or stainless steel
- Compact, rugged, easy to install
- Stock lengths up to 48" (1219mm)
- No Moving Parts
- Compressed air inlets on each end
- Variable force and flow
- Part drying after wash
- Sheet cleaning in strip mills
- Conveyor cleaning
- Web drying or cleaning
- Part or component cooling
- Environmental separation
- Pre-paint blowoff
- Bag opening/filling operations
- Scrap removal on converting operations
How the Standard Air Knife Works?
Compressed air flows through the inlet (1) into a plenum chamber. It is then throttled through a thin nozzle (2) extending the length of the Standard Air Knife. This primary airstream adheres to the Coanda profile (3), which turns it 90° and directs the flow down the face of the unit. The primary stream immediately beings to entrain surrounding air (4), for an amplifiecation ration of 30:1 at 6" (152mm) away.
OSHA MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE NOISE EXPOSURE
High noise levels are a common problem for many plants. Compressed air noise often exceeds OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) noise level exposure requirements, resulting in hearing loss to those working in close proximity. The sound level of the Super Air Knife is quiet at 69 dBA, even at high pressures of 80 PSIG (5.5 BAR). Using the Super Air Knife, it is possible to obtain hard-hitting force without the high noise.
Here are some sample of applications:
A Model 2012 12" (305mm) Standard Air Knife opens mustard packets prior to fill.
(3) Model 2012 12" (305mm) Standard Air Knives performs the drying cycle in this parts washer.
A Model 2006 6" (152mm) Standard Air Knife blows powder loose from a belt so it can be vacuumed away.
If you need more info, please Contact Us