Digital Sound Level Meter
Prevent worker-related hearing loss!
What is The Diital Sound Level Meter?
EXAIR's Model 9104 Digital Sound Level Meter is an easy to use instrument that can measure and monitor the sound level pressure in a wide variety of industrial environments. The source of loud noises can be quickly identified and isolate so corrective measures can be taken to reduce or eliminate the problem. For compressed air noise, it is often as simple as replacing the existing inefficient blowoffs with EXAIR's engineered compressed air products such as the Super Air Knife, Super Air Amplifier or Super Air Nozzles. In many cases, the EXAIR products can reduce noise levels by 10 dBA which is perceived as cutting the sound volume in half.
Why The Digital Sound Level Meter?
Hearing loss induced by high noise in the wrokplace is common problem. Exposure to high noise levels for an extended period of time can lead to permanent hearing loss for workers not wearing proper haering protection. The Digital Sound Level Meter can help employers protect workers by monitoring noise levels so they don't exceed the limits shown in OSHA Standard 29 CFR - 1910.95(a). Failure to comply can result in hefty fines.
Accurate and responsive, the Digital Sound Level Meter measures the decibels of the sound and displays the reading on the large LCD display that has a backlight button for easier viewing. An "F/S" response tim ebutton provides a choice of slow response measurements for comparatively stable noise measurement or fast for varying noise. The "Max Hold" setting will measure the maximum noise level of sounds and updates continuously if a loader sound is detected. Certification of accuracy and calibration traceable to NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) is included.
The Digital Sound Level Meter identifies a potential source of hearing loss.
Model 9104 Digital Sound Level Meter comes complete with removable wind screen, battery and a protective case.
- Measures sound level range from 35 dB - 130 dB (Low: 350 to 100; High: 65 to 130 dB)
- Frequency range 31.5 Hz - 8 kHz
- A and C weightings (check compliance with safety regulations and acoustic analysis)
- Slow (1 sec) and fast (125ms) response settings to check peak and average noise levels
- Maximum hold feature to measure peak sound levels
- Accuracy is ± 1.5 dB
- NIST Certification included
- Four digit LCD display in 0.1 dBA steps with backlight
- Battery life is 50 hours (typical) with low battery alert
- Automatic power off after 15 minutes of non-use
- Meets CE, ANSI and IEC Type 2 SLM standards
- Tripod mounting ideal for taking long term measurements (tripod not included)
- Removable windscreen for use in windy conditions to reduce misreads
- Includes protective carrying case, 9V battery, instruction manual, and removable windscreen
If you need more info, please Contact Us